- Makes 6 jumbo muffins
These Apple Cinnamon Muffins have been in my 'to do' list for a while and now that the weather is slowly turning more chilly, warm spiced sweets are very on point. I can't resist to these extremely tender muffins paired with my favorite rooibos chai latte. They are very big (small muffins look boring to me, they were born to be BIG and filled with chunks) so I guarantee you'll feel full with one. I had some pecan nuts leftovers and my sister had the great idea of making a caramelized topping with them, we raised the muffins bar with it! —Gemma / Cinnamon Girl
apple chunks (1 large apple approx.)
freshly squeezed lemon juice.
2 1/2 cups
free-range egg (or 1 tbsp flaxmeal+3tbsp water).
plus 2 tbsp organic whole cane sugar.
low-fat yogurt (or soy yogurt).
pecan nuts, chopped.
pure maple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Lightly grease your muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chop pecan nuts, pour maple syrup over them and mix with your own hands.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder, mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat eat and sugar until fully incorporated and pale. Add in the oil, yogurt and mix again, you should get a soft paste.
- Wash, peel and core the apple. Drizzle with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- Cut the apple into small dices and finally stir into the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and sprinkle over the pecan topping.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes approximately until golden brown on top.
- Let the muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.