If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty, veggie packed with soup with carrot, celery, onion, tomato, potato, cauliflower, zucchini, kale, peas and lima beans (I guess these are technically a legume but I'll just count them as a vegetable too). This soup will freeze well too! —thesinglebite
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small yukon gold or red potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 can unsalted diced tomato
- 4-5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 large kale leaf, ribbed removed, chopped into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to a large soup pot and warm over medium heat for a minute. Add onion, celery and carrot with a pinch of salt. Cook 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and basil and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, potato, cauliflower and toss to coat; cook for a minute. Add tomatoes and 4 cups of broth. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add peas and lima beans, cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in kale and let it wilt from the hot liquid. Season with salt and pepper and serve.