If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These nuts have a spicy, sweet, salty goodness that's highly addictive. They're wonderfully delicious eaten by the handful, but as a topping on thick, tangy yogurt or on rich, quality vanilla ice cream, they're even that much more irresistible. —vvvanessa
Makes 4 cups
- 4 cups mixed raw nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, almonds, brazil nuts), seeds (pinenuts, pumpkin seeds), and/or peanuts
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons dry chaat masala
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, preferably turbinado
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl.
- Spread the nuts out on a rimmed baking tray or jelly roll pan so they are in one layer.
- Bake the nuts, shaking the pan gently and stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes, until they are toasted and fragrant. Take care not to let them overcook-- they can go from toasted to burnt very quickly.
- Remove nuts from the oven and let them cool before serving. They will last a couple of weeks in an airtight container.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack