Author Notes: These nuts have a spicy, sweet, salty goodness that's highly addictive. They're wonderfully delicious eaten by the handful, but as a topping on thick, tangy yogurt or on rich, quality vanilla ice cream, they're even that much more irresistible. —vvvanessa
Makes: 4 cups
cups mixed raw nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, almonds, brazil nuts), seeds (pinenuts, pumpkin seeds), and/or peanuts
tablespoons melted unsalted butter
tablespoons dry chaat masala
tablespoons granulated sugar, preferably turbinado
teaspoons sea salt
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl.
- Spread the nuts out on a rimmed baking tray or jelly roll pan so they are in one layer.
- Bake the nuts, shaking the pan gently and stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes, until they are toasted and fragrant. Take care not to let them overcook-- they can go from toasted to burnt very quickly.
- Remove nuts from the oven and let them cool before serving. They will last a couple of weeks in an airtight container.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!