If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have to thank Suvi Kesäläinen at Suvi Sur La Vif for the inspiration for this dish. She is an incredible blogger whose work you must check out--even though it is in Finnish--if only for the photos. Recently she posted a beautiful breakfast recipe that called for chai tea poached pears which I have adjusted to jasmine tea, my very favorite. —Melissa Leighty
- 3 pears, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon jasmine tea buds
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a small tart dish. Set aside.
- To make the crumble topping, cream the flour and butter together with your fingers until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the oats, salt, cinnamon, and ginger and mix well.
- emove the pears from the tea mixture and add to the tart dish, pour the remaining tea over the top, and top with the crumble. Dot the top of the crumble with the some butter and bake for 7-10 minutes until the top is golden brown.