If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of the simplest and most satisfying Italian dishes to make. It's great for a dinner party served as a first course or as the star of the show. —Melissa Leighty
- 40 clams
- 1 packet spaghetti
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions, approximately 8 minutes.
- While it is cooking, prepare the bread crumbs. Heat butter over low heat, add bread crumbs and stirring continuously to prevent them from burning. When they are golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a pot, add the olive oil, garlic and onion and cook over medium heat. When the onion is translucent, add the white wine, and cook for 1 minute, then add the clams. Stir once and cover, steaming them for 6 minutes or until fully opened.
- While waiting for the clams, remove pasta and strain. add a bit of olive oil and the parsley and toss.
- When the clams are ready, add the clams, toss again and top with the bread crumbs, parmesan, and freshly ground pepper to taste.