If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm roasted pears, apples, and dried cranberries topped with a crumbly brown sugar and cornmeal streusel. —Riley Wofford
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray twelve 4-ounce ramekins or a large oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the apples, pears, cranberries, orange zest, lemon zest, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Pour the fruit into the prepared baking dishes.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, diced
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugars, salt, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until the butter is the size of peas and the mixture is crumbly.
- Scatter the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the tops are golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.