If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: More like a sorbet, this frozen treat is guilt-free and easy to make! Recipe loosely adapted from the book Healing Foods. —Emily | Truefood
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups fresh, whole cranberries
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar or honey
- 1 fresh vanilla bean, seeds scrapped
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Roasted walnuts, shelled pistachios, almonds, or orange zest for topping
- Peel the bananas, wrap in foil, or place in a sealed container and freeze overnight. Put the cranberries in a sealed container and freeze for at least an hour or overnight as well.
- Remove frozen bananas and cranberries from the freezer and let sit for about 30 minutes. Place the cranberries, vanilla bean seeds, sugar, and a tiny pinch of salt in a food processor or blender. Process until the cranberries are coarsely ground, using a little water (a tablespoon or two) if needed to help things blend.
- Add the bananas to the processor and blend just until smooth and incorporated. Pour the ice cream into a container with a lid and place in the freezer to set, about 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer a few minutes before serving. Scoop into individual bowls and garnish as desired.