If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every year in Toronto, towards the end of summer, the city hosts the Canadian National Exhibition. There are rides, games, shopping centres, food trucks, and most importantly, carmel apples. I love carmel apples. I REALLY love carmel apples. I love them so much, in fact, that I decided to think up a brunch cocktail that would pay homage to the sweet treat, especially for suckers like me who were stuck bartending brunch instead of riding the Zipper over and over again like some big, mildly drunk child. This drink is perfect as a sweet, post-brunch bev, and would also probably make a killer shooter if you tweaked the measurements a bit. —Wyatt Shorter
Makes: one drink
ounces Brugal Añejo Rum
ounces Butter Agave Syrup
Green Apple Slices
tablespoons White Sugar
tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
ounces Cava/ Champagne
- In a shaker tin, muddle the sectioned Apple Slices, Butter Agave Syrup, Rum, and lemon.
- Add Ice to the shaker tin, cap, and shake vigorously.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together on a small plate suitable for rimming a glass.
- Rim a coup glass with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Double Strain the drink in to the coup glass
- Top the drink with the Cava/ Champagne.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail