If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious grain-free apple crisp is the perfect ending to an autumn meal, or a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving dessert menu! —Primal Palate
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Lemon, the zest and juice
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup maple sugar, plus 1 TBSP for the filling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cubed. Plus 1 TBSP for the filling.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour, plus one TBSP
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the apples, and cut into bite size pieces. Discard the cores. Place the chopped apples into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg over the apples.
- Sprinkle the top of the crumble with the remaining tablespoon of almond flour, and the tablespoon of coconut sugar.
- Bake on the middle rack, in the center of the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.