If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a sour-based cocktail inspired by fall flavors. It uses Green Hat's fall gin release as the base sprit, which is a barrel-aged gin/aquavit hybrid, featuring seasonally appropriate flavors and a higher proof to get you through the cold weather. Their 2014 release will be available on 11/15/2014. If you can't find the fall release, the year-round Green Hat gin can be used as a substitution, or any good London Dry. I created this for Thanksgiving last year and it was a huge hit. —David Lord
- 1.5 ounces Green Hat Gin (Fall/Winter release)
- 1 ounce Sweet vermouth
- .5 ounces Fernet Branca
- .75 ounces Fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash Fee Brothers cranberry bitters
- 1 dash Fee Brothers orange bitters
- 1 Demerara sugar cube
- 1 Fresh sage leaf
- Combine the demerara sugar cube, the bitters, and the sweet vermouth in the bottom of a shaker and muddle the sugar cube until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the Ginavit, the Fernet, and the lemon juice.
- Combine with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with fresh sage leaf (clap your hands with the sage leaf in between them to help release its aroma).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
More Great Recipes: