If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes one 9-inch cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 1/3 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons melted butter (1 stick)
For the cheesecake:
- 2 pounds cream cheese (4 packages) room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Heat the oven to 375° F. Wrap the outside of a springform pan with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter to combine. Press the crust into a 9-inch springform pan, letting it come about 1/4-1/2 inch up the sides.
- Bake the crust until lightly golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a food processor, process the cream cheese, sour cream, pumpkin, and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, processing briefly between each addition.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt and process to combine.
- Strain the custard into the cooled crust. Transfer the pan to a large casserole and fill a quarter of the way up the cake pan with warm water.
- Bake until the custard is set around the edge, but still slightly loose in the center when jiggled, about 45 min to 1 hour.
- Cool the cake at room temperature for 1 hour, then chill until set.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!