If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few weeks ago I was in charge of dinner and had absolutely no idea what to serve alongside rice. This recipe was borne of a fondness of my iron skillet and the looming deadline of an hour. —AelyaS
tablespoons olive oil
cup unsalted butter
skin-on chicken thighs and legs , four of each
medium yellow onion, finely sliced
cloves of garlic, peeled, quartered (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Set a skillet on the stove to medium heat
- While the skillet is warming, pat your chicken as dry as possible using kitchen roll/paper towel.
- If using garlic, add to the skillet after the onions
- The finished product should yield moist chicken swimming in a mixture of its own juices plus those of the onions.
- OPTIONAL: You can take it one step further and empty the softened caramelized onions, along with the juices and garlic into a blender. Blend on high till you see the mixture turn into a thick creamy sauce. Season to taste, or leave as is