If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband and I first served this punch at a dinner party over thirty years ago. It was a hit. We have tweaked it slightly but the original source book is long gone as we move frequently. There are variations of this recipe out there but none that are identical. At any rate, the first time we served this many of us didn't have a clear memory of much after the appetizers, but we all agreed we had a really good time. It has become our "goto" punch for crowds of 12 or more but we warn everyone to drink it cautiously. Potent doesn't begin to describe it, and the remarkable thing is that the punch is simply delicious. You can replace the 151 rum with 100 proof rum, but it's less fun. —Pamela p
- 13 ounces 151 proof dark (navy) Rum
- 10 ounces brandy
- 32 ounces dry sparkling wine
- 6 ounces lemon juice
- 2 oranges, juice only
- 2 ounces apricot brandy
- 1 1/4 cups instant (superfine) sugar
- Chill all liquid ingredients. Measure out into small punch bowl or large 80 oz. pitcher the liquids EXCEPT the sparkling wine.
- Stir sugar into liquids until dissolved.
- Add sparkling wine and decorate with berries. Serve in cocktail glass of your choice, straight up or on the rocks if you want to remember the evening.
- I also like to use an ice mold of orange juice and berries as this is a very potent drink and the additional juice tends to "soften" the drink when seconds are served.
More Great Recipes: Cocktails