If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What is the opposite of strawberry lemonade? Rhubarb limeade of course! I like to serve mine with a bit of vodka... —gabsimonelouise
- 3 medium stalks rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons vodka, or to taste
- First, make the rhubarb syrup. Chop the rhubarb stalks into 1/2 inch pieces. Put in a medium-size saucepan along with the sugar and water. Heat to boiling, then simmer until rhubarb is soft and falling apart.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain the rhubarb into a large jar. Press on the solid rhubarb to extract all the liquid. You can save the rhubarb solids...I eat them plain!
- Mix in the lime juice. Add 8-12 ice cubes to cool the mixture. Stir until the cubes are melted, then add the vodka. Slice off a thin strip of rhubarb if you have extra stalks, and twist it to add a fun flourish to each person's drink glass!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail