If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everyone loves tequila and the berries are just pretty! The syrup is going to having everyone trying to figure out that secret touch that just makes this drink so good. —Danielle
- 1 Thumb size piece of fresh ginger
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Honey
- The size of the ginger is up to you it depends on how intense or mild you like the ginger flavor. I love it, so go big. Peel the ginger and lightly hit it on the cutting board with a heavy pan or mallet just enough to release the juices.
- In a small sauce pot add the water, honey and ginger. Boil until reduced by half and has thickened slightly. Remove the ginger. Pour syrup into a ball jar and let cool. This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 5 ounces Tequila Blanco
- 2 Large Limes
- 1 Pink Grapefruit
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Strawberries sliced
- Juice the 2 limes and 1 grapefruit. You should have about 1 cup of juice. Fill a cocktail shaker half way with ice. Add tequila, fruit juices, water and syrup shake until very cold.
- Fill two glasses with crushed ice and sliced strawberries. Pour cocktail over ice and enjoy!
- This is also amazing with sliced peaches or other stone fruits substituted for the strawberries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail