If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Lonestar Sweet & Spicy is a Texas-inspired cocktail that quenches your thirst during those long, hot summer days. This cocktail infuses Texas’s Hispanic Heritage with a tamarind simple syrup and jicama garnish, and just a smidge of cayenne pepper. Best served at a BBQ or Mexican Fiesta. —Virginia Landry Hundley
Lonestar Sweet & Spicy
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 shots Tamarind Simple Syrup
- 1 shot Ketel One Vodka
- 1 Jicama (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground course black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pink salt
- 1 pinch ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 sprig Basil
- Add in a shaker ice cubes, Tamarind simple syrup, Ketel One Vodka, and juice from freshly squeezed lemon. Shake. Empty all contents into glass.
- Mix salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Dab one side of the cubed jicama in the mixture. Add spiced jicima cube to your skewer. Add to cocktail.
- Add sprig of Basil.
Tamarind Simple Syrup
- 4 Tamarind pods
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Peel hard shell off Tamarind pods. Add inside of pods, water, sugar to a pot. Bring to a boil. Let cool. Refrigerate. (preferable to refrigerate overnight for added flavor)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
More Great Recipes: