If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pumpkin pie is anything but boring. The hefty amount of bourbon cuts the sweetness, and a mix of sour cream and heavy cream in the filling makes it a little tangy. The gluten-free gingersnap crust is just slightly spicy and much easier to make than a regular pie shell. —Hillary Pollak
Makes one 9-inch pie
For the gingersnap crust:
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground gluten-free gingersnaps
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
For the filling:
- 1 1/3 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press the mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie pan, making sure to cover the bottom and sides. Bake until lightly golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Increase the oven temperature to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the filling ingredients. Pour the filling into the cooled crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set. The center should be fairly jiggly, but it will set as it cools. Cool to room temperature, then serve.