If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite recipe for the ooey-est, gooey-est fudgy chocolate brownies studded with chocolate chips and toasted pecans. —Riley Wofford
Makes 16 brownies
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whisk together the flour and salt in a small bowl. Whisk the melted chocolate and flour mixture into the egg batter, mixing just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.