If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A better tasting tuna salad sandwich, filled with crisp vegetables, hard cooked egg and a special spread. —Vicki Amsinger
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (preferably the olive oil kind)
- 1 splash white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 2 ciabatta buns
- 2 5 1/2 ounce cans tuna in oil
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 hard cooked egg, thinly sliced
- 6 black olives (like Nicoise or Kalamata), pitted and lightly crushed
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 6 pickled green beans
- 2 leaves of Romaine lettuce
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Stir the ingredients for the dressing together (mayo through capers) and set aside.
- Split the buns in half and toast if you like. Slather some of the dressing on both the tops and bottoms of the buns.
- Put half the tuna (1 can per sandwich) on the bottom portions of the buns, followed by half of the radish slices, hard cooked egg slices, olives, onion, green beans and romaine lettuce. Finish with a few dashes of sea salt and/or black pepper.
- Close the buns and serve at room temperature.