If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created these last Christmas when I had very little extra time and a lot of parties to attend. These became my go-to hostess gift - something that could be made quickly, packaged easily, traveled well, loved by everyone. I used dried lingonberries in the original recipe because they are so common in Finland, but switched to cranberries in this posting as they are more readily available. By all means use lingonberries if you have them! —Eatsimplywell
Serves 60 - 70 cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- zest of 1 organic orange, zested over bowl to catch oils
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugars and orange zest and beat until well combined and the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add the egg, salt and vanilla extract and beat briefly to combine.
- With a spatula, fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Add the white chocolate and cranberries; stir with the spatula to distribute them uniformly throughout the dough.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheets, spaced 1.5"/3 cm apart to allow the cookies to spread. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are a dark golden brown and the centers still look soft. Remove from oven. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Package into festive tins and label; or, pack into bags or containers and freeze.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
More Great Recipes: