If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sweet Thanksgiving-y biscuit (perfect for breakfast while your turkey is roasting)! —Erin McDowell
Makes 1 dozen biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- turbinado sugar, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to combine. Add the butter cubes and toss to coat in flour. Rub the butter into the flour until it's the size of peas and has created a mealy texture.
- Make a well in the center. Add the creme fraiche and mix until the mixture forms a shaggy mass. Add the buttermilk gradually until the mixture comes together into a sticky batter.
- On a lightly floured surface, form the dough into a square 1 inch thick. Cut out 6 biscuits with a round cutter and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bring the dough back together into a 1 inch thick square and cut as many more biscuits as you can, transferring them to parchment lined trays.
- Garnish the biscuits with turbinado sugar and bake in a 400 degree oven until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.