If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little chunk of heavenly goodness - the right amount of crunch with not-too-sweet honey. —THE FUTURE MBA
Serves 4 or 6, depending on how much resistance you can maintain in the face of these little nuggets.
- 2 cups pecans, peeled and halved
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup almonds, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, preferably organic extra-virgin
- In a stainless steel skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over moderate heat for a minute.
- Add the nuts and honey in single layers, stirring constantly, and replacing each layer with a new one when done until the store of nuts is exhausted. The honey-nut mixture should be removed from the pan when the nuts stick to each other, and placed on a sheet of silver foil.
- Break the layers into uneven wedges of almost uniform size, approximately 1.5-in. squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift