If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Nabe —Oishii Moments
- 6-8 cups water (depending on your what consistency you like)
- 1 whole chicken bone
- 1 head of garlic
- leftover shredded chicken meat
- 1 teaspoon gochujang
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- soy sauce (to taste)
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1.5 cups cooked or leftover brown rice
- 1.5 cups cooked or leftover Japanese short-grain rice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon roasted seaweed
- In a medium pot, add water and chicken bones. Cook chicken bone for 1 hours or so, stirring occasionally to ensure the bottom of the pot does not burn. Add garlic and cook for another hour or so.
- Remove the bones and garlic. Add gochujang, miso paste, ginger, soy sauce, sea salt to taste.
- Once miso paste and gochujang is mixed. Add brown rice and Japanese short-grain rice. Add more water if a soupier consistency is desired.
- Slowly pour in the beaten egg and stir.
- Serve with green onions, sesame seeds, and roasted seaweed.