If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
I love these puffy little snacks. The smoky pimenton plays nicely with the salty, spicy, sweet flavors here.
I love these puffy little snacks. The smoky pimenton plays nicely with the salty, spicy, sweet flavors here.—mrslarkin
Serves: about 2 cups
cups raw pepitas
garlic cloves, crushed
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoon granulated sugar
teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (the one with the rooster)
teaspoon pimenton ahumado
cup dried cranberies, optional
additional salt for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, sugar, sriracha, and pimenton ahumado.
- Heat a heavy frying pan to medium, add the pepitas and dry-fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly as they puff up. You’ll hear some popping sounds.
- When all the seeds are puffy, add the garlic and stir for a few more minutes. Add the sauce mixture to the pan and stir to mix. Turn heat to low, and keep stirring for a few more minutes, until all seeds are coated well.
- At this point, seeds can be turned out onto a sheet pan, cooled and stored for later use. Or continue with next step if serving immediately.
- Pour pepitas into a bowl. Mix in ½ cup dried cranberries, if desired. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired. Serve with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack