If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother used to make these cookies —Food Karoshi
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup Country Crock Spread
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 piece Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2.3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- .5 teaspoons Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat Country Crock® Spread with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla scraping sides occasionally, until blended. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt until blended. (Do not overbeat).
- Shape dough* by 2 tablespoonfuls into balls. Arrange 3-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press balls into 2 ½ inch circles. Pinch bottom to form point of “heart”. Gently indent dough in center on top to shape into “heart”.
- Bake 14 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely. Decorate** as desired.
- *If dough seems sticky, use lightly floured OR wet hands to shape. **To decorate, stir 4 teaspoons warm water into 1 cup confectioners sugar until smooth. Tint with food color, if desired. Spread on cookies and sprinkle with colored sprinkles.
More Great Recipes: Cookies