Makes: too many for one person
12-ounce bags white chocolate chips
16-ounce bag chocolate sandwich cookies
cacao nibs, for sprinkling (optional)
In This Recipe
- Line a square or rectangular baking dish (8 x 8 for thicker bars, 9 x 13 for thinner ones) with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang.
- Smash your chocolate sandwich cookies so that you have crushed, bite-sized chunks. (The finer you mash the cookies, the more likely they bars will be gray -- though they'll also be easier to cut with smaller cookie pieces!) Use a food processor if you're feeling civilized, or have at it with a rolling pin. (For neatness, you can double bag the cookies before crushing them.)
- Melt the white chocolate gently on the stovetop, or place it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it in short increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Mix the crushed cookies into the melted white chocolate and pour into the prepared pan. Place into the freezer to set, at least 2 hours. Take the pan out of the freezer, remove the bars using the overhanging foil or parchment, and allow to sit and warm up for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife (dip the knife in hot water if you're having difficulty cutting).
- Store the bars in the refrigerator or the freezer.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!