If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm allergic to chocolate. I know! So I made a version of Nutella with carob chips. It is silky-smooth and full of flavor. Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate if you're not allergic. —Laura Dembowski
- 2 cups roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup carob chips, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the hazelnuts. Process them until they are the consistency of peanut butter. This will take several minutes and you may need to scrape down the bowl during the process.
- Add the vanilla, melted carob chips, sugar, and canola oil. Process until fully combined and smooth and creamy. The Nutella should be relatively thin and spreadable. It is delicious warm straight from the food processor. Store for up to 1 month in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is also great cold, but it comes to room temperature in less than 30 minutes or can be warmed in the microwave in 15 second increments until warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift