If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I meant to get this in on time for the Movie Snacks 'cuz with it's splash of booze, this is the kind of thing we enjoy on at home movie nights. But, oh well, life gets in the way sometimes. I think the combination of cantaloupe and anise is one of life's unexpected pleasures, which makes my poor timing A-OK! —Sippity Sup (Greg Henry)
- 4 cups cantaloupe peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup Pernod (optional)
- 1 cup cold, plain low-fat kefir or yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch salt
- crushed ice
- 4 orange slices for garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- Put the cantaloupe, orange juice, Pernod (if using) yogurt, honey and salt in a blender and blend until well blended. You may have to work in batches. In which case transfer the blended mixture to a pitcher while you finish the job. This may set aside up to one day in advance.
- Make each lassi individually by adding 1-cup crushed ice, and about 1/4 of the cantaloupe mixture to a blender. Blend until well blended. This may be best achieved by pulsing the mixture 6 or 8 times and then running the machine at high for about 1 minute. Machines vary in power so use your judgment. You goal is a thick frothy mixture that moves easily in the blender jar.
- Taste the lassi and correct the seasoning with additional honey or salt, if desired. Pour into chilled glasses and serve at once garnished with orange slices and mint.