If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This year for the first time I made applesauce. It is delicious. So I looked for recipes to use it. These applesauce muffins are something I made. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have! —Pandora Filipov
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter, walnut oil, coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup yogurt or buttermilk
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease 12 standard muffin cups with butter or butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray, or use paper muffin liners.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in the applesauce mixture just until evenly moistened. The batter may seem dry at first, but it will loosen and smooth out as you beat the mixture. Don't overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them level with the rim of the cup. Bake until the muffins are golden, dry and springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Unmold the muffins. Serve them warm or at room temperature, with butter. Makes 12 muffins.
More Great Recipes: