If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During last year's Holiday Swap, I found a recipe for gingerbread men thanks to my Mrs. Field's cookie book. I added a few changes, my husband gifted me with a set of ninja cookie cutters, and voila! Ninjabread men! —walkie74
Makes 2 1/2 dozen 6 inch cookies
- 3 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 can of vanilla frosting
- 1 bottle of black food dye
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, pepper and cloves in a big bowl.
- In large bowl with an electric mixer cream butter and sugar for roughly six minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add egg and molasses, and beat on medium speed until smooth. Scrape bowl and add the flour mixture. Blend on low speed until combined.
- Split the dough into two balls and flatten them into disks. Wrap each one with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Flour a clean, flat surface generously. Flour a rolling pin, then roll out one of the disks to about 1/4 of an inch. Flour your ninja cookie cutters, and then cut out as many men as you can. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Reroll the scraps and repeat the process until all the dough is gone.
- Bake the ninjas at 325 for 9-11 minutes or until slightly darkened around the edges. Pull them out of the oven and (carefully!) place them on a rack to cool completely.
- If you can't find black frosting, dye the white frosting black. Use the frosting to decorate your ninjas any way you'd like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift