If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: They are insanely good and it takes a lot of self control to not have a next one and another after that. A recipe to make and keep handy especially with all the holidays coming up and cookie jars that need to be filled for arriving friends and family. Adapted from Burnt Butter Caramel Slice from Cook Republic. —heinstirred
Makes 24 - 30
grams peanut butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
cups desiccated coconut
cups caramel or brown sugar
grams tin sweetened condensed milk
cups golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a baking pan of about 20cm x 30cm with the baking paper hanging over the edges.
- Melt the butter and peanut butter.
- Stir in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Place coconut, sugar, flour in a bowl. Add the melted butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture thinly into the bottom of the prepared tin and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the condensed milk, golden syrup and salt.
- Stir constantly over a low heat to avoid sticking and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the caramel has thickened and smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture onto the baked cookie layer and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the caramel is bubbly and a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for a couple of hours until firm and then slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift