If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sweet & salty treat that almost everyone can enjoy! —Tarla Bergman
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1.5 cups Vegan Sugar
- .5 cups Coconut Milk
- .5 cups Water
- 1 cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 pound Salted & Roasted Shelled Peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 3 tablespoons Margarine
- Mix baking soda, 1 tsp water and the vanilla and put it to the side.
- In a sauce pan mix sugar, 1 cup water and the corn syrup together. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, to 240 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Once it reaches the correct temp stir in margarine and peanuts. Cook, stirring constantly to 300 degrees F. This can take a while but don't let it burn because your heart will break and that's not good. Once it hits 300 degrees F pull it from the heat and stir in baking soda.
- Divid the candy mixture between the two sheet and spread until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Do this step fast because it will cool quick. Sprinkle with salt or don't but you should cause it AMAZING. Cool and break into pieces.
- Wrap it up all pretty and give t to someone you love!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift