If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At the weekend I like to have different breakfasts and as I have more time I’m always trying new recipes. This brioche is ideal to eat in the morning, it’s sweet and gets beautifully hot with butter or jam, plain or toasted, all options are delicious. —Emotion of Taste
- 165 milliliters milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 egg yolks, 1 for brushing
- 375 grams plain flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 150 grams butter
- 2 (7gr) packets baking yeast
- 1 teaspoon Porto wine
- brown sugar to sprinkle
- In a saucepan, heat milk, butter and yeast until warm.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, make a hole in the centre and put 3 egg yolks and mix.
- Add the milk mixture, the Porto wine and slowly mix everything. If necessary add a little more flour. The dough must be elastic and peel off the hands.
- Place a cling film on top of the bowl and let rise for 1 hour.
- After rise, cut the dough into three equal parts, make long cylinders to make the braid. Let rise another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 2.
- Brush with egg yolk, sprinkle with brown sugar and bake until cooked and gold on top.