If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I spent many afternoons and evenings with my dear friend and fellow Food52er inpatskitchen watching her mother cook and learning from her. One of my favorites was her Banana Bread. I have tinkered with her recipe (I don't think she would mind) making it with whole wheat flour and chocolate chips. My tinker has become my granddaughters and her entire swim teams favorite. It has been requested for the upcoming conference swim meet. I made several loaves today and put them in the freezer. They will be my gift to the EK Swim and Dive Team this week. —GiGi26
Serves makes one loaf
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 very ripe and mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk (or soured milk add 1 tsp vinegar to the 3 tbs of milk)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease loaf pan
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar, beat in egg and add buttermilk, add bananas to this mixture.
- Mix in the dry ingredients a little at a time until well mixed
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift