If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that I have made for years and it has always been a family favorite. The chicken is moist and flavorful and the sauce is to die for. Chicken Elegante is simple, delicious, and might even become a favorite in your family, too.
I got this recipe from a book my mother bought over 30 years ago called "The Heart of Cooking Cookbook" and was submitted there by Bobbie Passantino. All credit where credit is due. —Elizabeth Knapp
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 (10-3/4 oz) can of beef broth, more if needed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Heat olive oil and butter in a heavy skillet. Dredge chicken in flour, pepper, and tarragon. Brown on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Add 1/2 can of beef broth to the chicken. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to and oven-proof pan. Stir 1/2 cup sour cream into the juices remaining in the skillet. Stir thoroughly, but do not boil. Pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° until the cheese is melted and the sauce begins to simmer. Serve over rice (optional).