If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pasta salads must be the ugly stepsister of salads. Pale (often overcooked) pasta, drowned in even paler mayonnaise, blanketing every other flavour. The idea with this Salsa Verde Pasta Salad was to make it as summery and fresh as possible. I also wanted to keep it totally green and added the peas and broccoli, not just for added texture and flavour but to amp the green colour of the salad. —heinstirred
- 20 grams parsley
- 20 grams basil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 120 milliliters extra virgin olive oil
- 300 grams farfalloni pasta, (uncooked weight) cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas or petit pois (defrosted under running water if frozen)
- 100 grams tenderstem broccoli. the florets cut off. (keep the stems for stir fry)
- Chop the parsley and basil leaves fine (a mezzaluna works great) and place in a large bowl.
- Chop the capers and anchovy fillets fine and add to the herbs
- Chop the clove of garlic fine and mash with the blade of the knife and add to the herbs
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil to the other ingredients and mix very well until a sauce has formed.
- Add the peas, broccoli florets and pasta and mix with the sauce. Check seasoning and add another tablespoon of olive oil and dash of lemon juice if the salad needs more dressing.
- Let stand for an hour and give one mix before serving.