Author Notes: The perfect holiday gift , this makes almost anything taste better, and is pretty when decanted into old-fashioned tension clamp jars. Heavenly in meatballs, grains, salads...the only thing I haven't found to taste better with preserved lemons is chocolate. —Garlic, Zest and Dark Dark Chocolate
Makes: 2+ qts
lemons, preferably organic
A big box
white sea salt
- Wash the lemons very thoroughly and quarter, from stem to stern.
- Layer lemons in a large jar, cramming tightly and filling all the nooks and crannies with as much salt as humanly possible.
- Squeeze the additional lemons over the top and seal jar tightly.
- Tuck away somewhere dark and cool.
- Rotate jar once a day (In other words, turn it upside down on day two, right way up again on day 3, etc.)
- After two weeks, refrigerate and enjoy indefinitely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift