If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great for summer —carlito
Makes 8 drinks
Lemon thyme simple syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat on medium low (bringing mixture to a boil slowly).
- Stir occasionally and ensure all sugar dissolves into water.
- Remove lemon and thyme springs and pour syrup into a container to cool (mason jar is great for this).
- Cool completely. Syrup will keep for several months in refrigerator.
Lemon thyme mojito
- 1/2 cup lemon thyme simple syrup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup light rum
- splashes club soda
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 lemons (sliced)
- Combine thyme springs, lemon slices, rum, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a pitcher.
- Muddle all ingredients with the back of a wooden spoon (or a muddling stick, if you have one).
- Pour each drink into a glass over ice and add a splash of club soda to each one.
More Great Recipes: