Author Notes: These chocolate covered macron almond clusters are perfect to give as hostess gifts or to have for after dinner treats if friends stop by the house. This recipe is a total winner, and so easy to prepare it’s scary! —eat-drink-garden
Makes: 18-24 clusters
ounces bag marcona almonds
ounces bag of Guittard real semisweet chocolate chips
Grey sea salt
- Line two cookie sheets with either parchment paper or a silpat.
- Pour the whole bag of chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass bowl.
- Here’s the Jacques Torres tip : microwave in increments of 20 seconds each. Stirring the bowl of chocolates each time. I usually do this a total of four to five times. It might vary depending upon your microwave.
- The last time you zap the chocolates there will still be some little chunks and just stir it until it all dissolves.
- Scrape the chocolate into a clean bowl and put aside.
- Next, put the nuts into a colander and shake it… this removes the excess salt.
- After, pour the nuts into the melted chocolates, stir to coat.
- Using a teaspoon (from your flatware) scoop up a spoonful of the nuts and drop the mixture onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let rest in a cool place until they set and are firm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift