If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These chocolate covered macron almond clusters are perfect to give as hostess gifts or to have for after dinner treats if friends stop by the house. This recipe is a total winner, and so easy to prepare it’s scary! —eat-drink-garden
Makes 18-24 clusters
- 6 ounces bag marcona almonds
- 12 ounces bag of Guittard real semisweet chocolate chips
- Grey sea salt
- Line two cookie sheets with either parchment paper or a silpat.
- Pour the whole bag of chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass bowl.
- Here’s the Jacques Torres tip : microwave in increments of 20 seconds each. Stirring the bowl of chocolates each time. I usually do this a total of four to five times. It might vary depending upon your microwave.
- The last time you zap the chocolates there will still be some little chunks and just stir it until it all dissolves.
- Scrape the chocolate into a clean bowl and put aside.
- Next, put the nuts into a colander and shake it… this removes the excess salt.
- After, pour the nuts into the melted chocolates, stir to coat.
- Using a teaspoon (from your flatware) scoop up a spoonful of the nuts and drop the mixture onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let rest in a cool place until they set and are firm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
More Great Recipes: