If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocolate dipped pretzel rods are the perfect edible gift and are so easy that the entire family can help make them. I love the combination of salty and sweet but for holiday pretzel rods I wanted to add more flair by flavoring the white chocolate with almond and cinnamon which complements the nuts perfectly. —Yayasmama
Makes 20 rods
- 12 ounces quality white chocolate (I used ghirardelli)
- 6 ounces toasted pecan chips
- 6 ounces quality mini chocolate chips
- 20 large pretzel rods
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave at 50%power, checking every thirty seconds and stirring until fully melted. (Or, you may use a double boiler.) Add the almond extract and cinnamon to the melted chocolate and stir (optional: add more to taste). Dip a pretzel rod into the melted chocolate and spread the chocolate with a back of a spoon about half way up the rod, then shake off excess chocolate. Roll the rod into the chopped nuts (on a plate) and then onto the mini chocolate chips (on a plate). Place the pretzel rod onto a piece of wax paper. Repeat this process with all of the pretzel rods and allow them to cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
More Great Recipes: