Author Notes: These little balls of candy are one of the most requested candies I make during the Christmas holidays. Instead of having a creamy inside it has a nice crunchy peanut buttery center and everyone loves them. —You Made That?
Makes: 48 balls
cup light corn syrup
cup creamy peanut butter
cups rice crispy cereal
ounces bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan cook sugar and corn syrup on medium heat just until the sugar dissolves.
- Add peanut butter and stir until smooth, then add the cereal and stir well.
- Spread 2 pieces of wax paper or parchment paper out on 2 cookies sheets. Scoop out small bite size balls and roll in your hand until round and let cool on wax paper. Repeat until all candy is rolled and cooled.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Put the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate, cover the entire ball with chocolate take out with a spoon and let cool on wax paper. When all peanut butter balls have been dipped put the cookie sheets into the refrigerator until the chocolate is completely set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift