If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bolo de Arroz is a traditional Portuguese rice muffin. These super light muffins have a soft and airy texture, a lemony scent and a crispy sugar crust. Plus it is gluten-free and dairy-free. —Joana
Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1/2 piece lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Prepare a muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl whisk the sugar with the oil for 2 minutes. Add the egg, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, combine the rice flour, baking soda, lemon and salt and slowly add to the batter, beating until completely blended.
- Pour the batter half way into each of the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of the muffins straight from the oven.