If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A really fast, fancy appetizer that will impress your guests! —Cindy
- 1 log of goat cheese (you can use either seasoned or plain)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt (I use Maldon flakes)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Freeze goat cheese for about 10 minutes (so it's easy to work with), then divide into round balls.
- Roll the balls in a bowl with 1/4 cup flour, then dip them in a bowl with the beaten egg, and roll in another bowl of a mixture of panko, salt, pepper, oregano and paprika - coat evenly.
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Gently drop the chilled croquettes into the oil and fry until golden brown on all sides. It should take about 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain, serve hot.