If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a yummy riff on the traditional rice crispy treat. It's made with brown rice crispies, shredded coconut, and coconut butter. This recipe makes a lot of extra coconut butter, so enjoy it smeared on toast (or on shortbread cookies) in the morning. —Sweets
cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Using a large nonstick pot, over medium-high heat, toast all four cups of the shredded coconut. While toasting, make sure to stir frequently so coconut doesn't burn. The coconut is done when it changes to golden brown and smells fragrant.
- Set coconut aside to cool.
- Once coconut has cooled, reserve 3/4 of a cup for the treats. Place the remainder in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. It should take about 5-8 minutes of solid processing to develop a silky consistency. Set coconut butter aside.
Coconut Rice Crispies
cups brown rice crispies
tablespoon unsalted butter
tablespoons coconut butter
cup toasted coconut
- Grease a 13 by 9 pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Then add marshmallows. When marshmallows are just about melted, stir in the 2 TBSP of coconut butter. Remove from heat.
- To marshmallow mixture, add rice crispies and toasted coconut. Mix until coated.
- Spread mixture into greased pan. Let cool. Cut and enjoy.
More Great Recipes: