If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy to make savoury muffins containing baked tomato, that you can prepare the night before and eat for a breakfast with an addition of a cream cheese, salmon, pesto and sprouts. —Marta Greber
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinches salt
- pinches pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheese like cheddar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon green pesto
- 6 cherry tomatoes
To serve with
- cream cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Place all the ingredients except for tomatoes in a bowl and using a spoon mix just a little bit, so all the ingredients combine.
- Grease a muffin form (for 6 or 8 muffins) and pour dough into it. Place a whole cherry tomato in each one.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- When ready let it cool. Serve with a slice of salmon, cream cheese, teaspoon of pas to and sprouts.