If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This coconut and lemon cookie recipe is a cross between a shortbread cookie and a coconut macaroon. Chewy, delicious and bursting with coconut and lemon flavors. —Joana
Makes 14 cookies
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded dried coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the coconut oil and sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice.
- Weigh the flour, tapioca and salt into another bowl, add it to the mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add the shredded coconut and stir until evenly moistened.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a piping tip. Pipe the cookies, evenly spacing them onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the tray for 10 minutes before eating or storing in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
More Great Recipes: Cookies