If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend and I were reconfiguring a classic sazerac while listening to Jimi Hendrix. Voodoo Chile came on the record player around the same time this magical combination was discovered. —Hi, I'm Brian.
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 barspoon Absinthe
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1/2 ounce pineapple syrup
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 minneola peel, or orange peel
- To make the pineapple syrup, take a pineapple and juice it by skinning it, coring it, and cutting the flesh into chunks. Blend the pineapple until it's smooth, then strain through a fine mesh strainer. For every 1 cup of juice, mix in 1/2 cup of sugar until dissolved. Pineapple juice is already sweet and viscous, so you don't need as much sugar as you would for a simple syrup.
- Give a thoroughly chilled rocks glass an Absinthe rinse and set aside.
- Combine whiskey, syrup, and bitters and shake with ice.
- Double strain into prepared glass. Garnish with minneola twist.
More Great Recipes: