Author Notes: Contrast. Texture. Purple and not toxic. Crispy. This small plate has some bold flavors, perfect for a romantic night in or for a hungry group of people standing around with forks. Contrast is really the name of the game here. My Crispy Potatoes with Sriracha Sour Cream are about two things – texture and contrast. If you get a solid crunch on the potatoes, and can serve these immediately with cool sour cream, you will make people happy. Very happy. —Todd Burton
Small Purple Potatoes, Quartered
tablespoons Sour Cream
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Black Pepper and Garlic Powder, to Taste
- Place sheet pan with edges (jellyroll pan) into oven, on middle rack, and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Place quartered potatoes into a pot and add enough water to cover potatoes by at least one inch.
- Bring to boil and keep on heat for 4 minutes.
- Drain and Dry Potatoes
- Add potatoes to medium-sized mixing bowl and toss with Olive Oil.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to bowl and mix.
- Bring pre-heated tray out of your oven and add potatoes in an even layer. Place tray back in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- When potatoes are finished: In a small bowl, combine sour cream, juice of one lime, and Sriracha. Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Move potatoes to serving platter, drizzle generously with sour cream, and enjoy!