If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This has been my family's go-to weekend breakfast food for as long as I can remember. Any time I have friends staying over, this is the breakfast and it gets rave reviews. It's fluffy and crispy and perfect with maple syrup. Even though it's certainly not healthier, it somehow feels a lot lighter than pancakes or waffles. It's pretty much a sweet, breakfast Yorkshire pudding. —SybilAB
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 450. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, milk, eggs, and salt.
- Put the butter in a medium cast iron skillet (or oven proof skillet if you don't have cast iron) and put it in the oven to melt.
- Once the butter has melted, pour the batter into the skillet and return it to the oven. Bake until fluffy and starting to brown (about 15 minutes).
- Cut into slices and serve with maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good