If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I prefer savory to sweet at breakfast. These are a hit with my family. —Roxanne Graham
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 finely chopped plum tomato
- 1 minced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion or scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped sundried tomato in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or blend)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, chili powder and baking powder.
- Using pastry cutter or forks, cut in butter until it is the size of small peas.
- Mix in egg and milk.
- Add chopped vegetables and cheese; mix only until evenly combined.
- Divide dough (it will be sticky, so you may want to LIGHTLY flour your hands) into 6 equal parts. Shape round patties that are 2-3 inches thick.
- Bake on lightly oiled baking sheet for 25-30 minutes.